Your boss is always watching and evaluating you especially when you’re traveling together. He/she will be looking at how you interact with service people, if you are punctual, if you have nice manners, if you have a positive attitude, etc. Here are some tips to help you make a great impression while traveling for business.
For optimum business travel etiquette:
Before You Go
- Make your own travel plans.
- Learn about the place you’re visiting and the international protocol if necessary.
- Pack light but be ready for anything.
During the Trip
- Be ready before your boss/client. Don’t have them wait on you for any reason.
- Go with the flow and don’t be picky.
- Keep a positive attitude and be ready to help out (you’ll be evaluated every step of the way).
- Don’t drink too much!
When You Return
- Send thank you notes/gifts if appropriate to your hosts.
- Follow up immediately on all “To Do’s”.